Semaglutide is an effective way to reduce appetite and food cravings…. and ultimately weight loss! This weekly injection is administered in our office by our trained staff.
- Semaglutide is an effective way to help with chronic weight management.
- The largest clinical trial showed that adults taking semaglutide lost an average of almost 15% of their initial body weight. That is about 12% more than those who didn’t take the medication. Adolescent clinical trials showed an average weight loss of 16%.
- Weight loss happens faster when Semaglutide is used in combination with lifestyle changes, improved diet and consistent exercise.
Do You Qualify for Semaglutide?
If your BMI is equal or greater than 27, if you are morbidly obese and have health related problems due to obesity you may qualify. Semaglutide can also help reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke. You are not a candidate if you have:
- History of thyroid cancer
- Severe depression
- Pancreatic or Gallbladder disease
- Pregnant or nursing
How does Semaglutide Help with Weight Loss?
GLP-1 is an incretin hormone that plays a role in your appetite and digestion. They help lower your blood sugar by triggering insulin release and blocking sugar production. They also slow down how quickly food leaves your stomach (called gastric emptying).
The result of these actions causes you to feel full — lowering your appetite and causing you to lose weight.
Semaglutide was originally used to treat Type 2 diabetes. This was due to their blood sugar-lowering effects. However, the weight loss side effect has been shown to benefit people without Type 2 diabetes as well.
What are the Side Effects of Semaglutide?
- Diarrhea/nausea/or vomiting
- Skin Rash
- Acute Abdominal Pain
For more information about how Semaglutide can be part of your weight loss program, schedule an appointment or call us at (508) 612-4406.